Friday, February 8, 2008

Traveling Cracker Escapes to the Gardens with Bush

Busch Gardens is a stop we make at least once a year. This is a great time. Where the beer is cold and the rides are fun. Well, they were fun until I went on the Gwazi. The Gwazi is Busch Gardens wooden coaster. It is told to be the biggest and fastest wooden roller coaster in the Southeast. I thought that it might be fun to have a few beers before riding the roller coasters. This would be a mistake on my part because the Gwazi is a very bumpy ride. The word Gwazi is defined as a lion with a tiger's head, in which should really mean don’t drink and ride. Okay, so the tigers head made me puke i'll admit it, but I don’t puke, EVER or at least I never have before.

Now, when things like this happen husbands or friends are good to have around. Reason being is because my husband held my hair back while people walked by whispering ewe and making faces. This was an embarrassing moment for me. So I realized I was never going to do that again, the drinking and riding thing that is.

So, why do they sell alcohol at theme parks again?

7 comments:

Marguerita said...

I never thought about it that way becuase I don't drink when I go to theme parks. I want to get the full enjoyment well just eing crazy be myself and plus I'm afraid of heights. So beer and riding, plus heights would not go all together.

Michelle F said...

I guess it's more revenue for the parks? Although I would think there could be a huge liability issue with alcohol at theme parks.

Todd Bursztyn said...

Yes, it SOUNDS fun, but the Gwazi is a bit too turbulent for that sort of thing. Despite your horror story, however, I am now curious to try the whole "drinking and riding" experience.

Christine M said...

I've heard with wooden coasters like Gwazi if you sit in the last cart it's a slightly smoother ride. I'm not sure this is actually true.

TNLogan said...

Oh I feel your pain there. I haven't mixed alcohol and roller coasters (and after reading your post, I don't think I ever will). However, there was this one time at Universal's Island of Adventure that a friend of mine mixed way too much food and the Hulk. Needless to say, I was the one holding the hair...

Monica DiDonato said...

Busch Gardens has probably the greatest beer I've ever had in my entire life. It's green apple beer, and I strongly advise that you ask for it next time you go. The best "drink and ride" is the Dr. Seuse ride in Islands Of Adventure. Talk about feeling like you're in a different world.. haha.

The Gwazi made me want to die without the alcohol. I think its just the wood and how rickety it is.

Ellenod said...

Gwazi made me sick without drinking! It's the worst coster there, in my opinion, because it's so jerky and violent. I prefer a smoother, "flying" experience like the montu.