Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cracker Travels to Seven Sisters Inn Ocala, FL

The Seven Sisters Inn is a wonderful, relaxing get away. We had a great experience, seeing all the different rooms. Each room is decorated with themes and pieces from all around the world since the owners are pilots.

We stayed in Egypt because Paris was taken, but next time I’m thinking maybe China…trying to decide which room to stay in next time is going to be tough.

We had tea and appetizers in the afternoon which was a special treat. I had felt as if we were at the Mad Hatter’s very merry unbirthday party with all the neat decorations.

This B&B is a playhouse of it’s own with murder mysteries and resident ghosts. Oh, you may not want to ask about the ghosts if you scare easy because the creaking noises kept me up for parts of the night.

Breakfast in the morning starts with strawberries and cream then out came the delicious homemade waffles with warm blueberries on top and sausage on the side.

The hostess was wonderful and treated us as if we were family. This was a home away from home.

I just found out some interesting news, this B&B was voted at one time the "Inn of the month" by Country Inns Bed & Breakfast Magazine. How cool is that!

I’m interested to find out how many of you have stayed at a B&B before? And what was your experience like?

2 comments:

Mike Pena said...

I've never stayed at a B&B but this one certainly sounds pretty cool. The concept is great! Pilots that travel around the world and name their rooms after countries, a very clever idea.

Marguerita said...

Very cute. I like all the rooms and I can see how they can always be full.

I have not stayed at a B&B in my lifetime. For some reason I always end up at the big hotels. Maybe this can be one that I can check out one weekend when I don't have anything to do or just wanting to venture away from home.