Saturday, February 23, 2008

I Wannado Something New...


Wannado City is located next to the Saw Grass Mills mall in Fort Lauderdale. I highly recommend this park to parents with kid’s ages 5-12. Wannado City is a career role-playing theme park exclusively for kids. This park is great for teaching kids about various careers and how to manage money.

For each job your child selects, they will get paid at the end of their shift. They can use the play money through out the park for various things like making a bracelet, going to the amusement park with kid sized rides, using at the art academy, the rock climbing wall, or just save them for the next trip.

When entering the park, the kids go to the Bank and open up an account with a $150 voucher. Each time the kids earn money from there job, they can deposit it, or if they need money for various activities, they can withdrawal it.

Just to name a few employment opprotunities…there’s a Publix, an emergency room, newspaper, police station, court house, bakery, pathology lab, beauty salon, dance club, fashion show, circus, movie set, theater, CNN set, and so much more…

For the mom or dad there’s a cozy lounge upstairs where you can get coffee, bakery items, and surf the web. So if your child is running around like a maniac you have no worries because the kids also where a bracelet that has a GPS. If you want to see where your child is, just run your bracelet under one of the scanners through out the park and all that information will display.

I really wish they would’ve had this when I was a kid, maybe I would've had my chosen career path right out of high school.

2 comments:

Todd Bursztyn said...

Great title. Your wordplay works very well with the topic, which works well with the focus of your blog. Your posts are easy to read and just off-beat enough to be entertaining. I do think, however, that you'll have a hard time beating your post about vomiting at Busch Gardens. That was just awesome.

Michelle F said...

This is an awesome idea. I wish they had something like this for me when I was a kid. I will have to take the kids I babysit to this. They'd love it. And I agree with Todd. Your title is really catchy.