Monday, February 4, 2008

The Edison Festival of Light

Alright, it’s that time of year for the Edison Festival of Lights. This year will be the Edison Festival of lights 70th anniversary. The festival starts Saturday, February 16th in our very own downtown Ft. Myers, FL at 7 pm. This is a blast if you’re looking for a fun entertaining night with the family. I personally love to set my chairs up a couple of days ahead of time. This is so that my family will have a place to watch the parade because the crowds are very heavy. One of the best things besides the bands playing is the wonderful smell of carnival food, there are elephant ears, kielbasa with sauerkraut, candy covered nuts, and much more. Then at 7:30 pm the lit up floats come slowly down the blocked off streets. This is said to be the largest evening parades in the Southeastern United States. So pack up your chairs and I hope to see you there!

1 comment:

TNLogan said...

I think its so cool that Ft. Myers has such a prestigious event like this. I was reading the story in the News Press the other day about people setting up chairs and spray painting their spots in advance. I might just have to check it out now!