Saturday, February 16, 2008

Extra Extra, Panera Bread's Out of Signature Bagels!


Panera bread is finally here in North East Cape Coral area right next to North Fort Myers. Panera Bread is one of my favorite places to eat because they have the asiago cheese bagel. This bagel is one of Panera’s signature bagels that keep people coming back.

I decided to try this Panera Bread out. So, I walked into the Panera on an early Sunday morning and tried to place an order for their asiago bagel, but they were out of it. I thought how can they be out of this bagel? Don’t they know how this business works? If they don’t have those bagels they won’t make money, especially on an early Sunday morning. They didn’t even have a back up plan. I was very disappointed in the management for not recognizing this huge problem. So, I asked them if they were going to be getting more in and they told me it would “only” take thirty minutes to bake them. “Only thirty minutes,” well why didn’t they think of that thirty minutes ago? I mean who’s the bagel checker?

It was apparent I could go off and have a full breakfast at this point, that is if I were to wait another thirty minutes. I kept thinking, but why? Why don’t they just have that wonderful tasting asiago… damn I really wanted that bagel. So, I ended up leaving with no bagel and an empty stomach. Don't you generally hate when this happens?

Food for thought, please always make sure you are stocked up for days like a Sunday or you may end up loosing people.

2 comments:

Dr. Harrison said...

I have a particular fondness for Panera Bread b/c it originated in St. Louis (where I'm from). Of course there it was originally and still is called St. Louis Bread Company, which of course I think is a far superior name. Glad to know there's one in NFM.

R.C. Price said...

I feel your pain. It seems as if the the management has not yet settled in.