Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Brew Babies Cape Coral, FL

I just happened to stumble upon this quant little restaurant while taking a detour because the art festival was going on in downtown Cape Coral. As I drove by the sign Brew Babies attracted my eyes as well as the cafe lights twinkling in between two small buildings, it seemed as if it were a courtyard setting. I stopped to check it out and a courtyard setting is exactly what it was, with vines going up columns and someone was on the microphone singing beautifully. It seemed almost magical with the lights sparkling and the servers greeting us as we walked up. We then went to sit down inside and the place resembled the cafĂ© in “Friends.” I was amazed when the server said, they only serve fresh fish. So, of course I went ahead and ordered the cod fish. As I waited I couldn’t help but to ease drop on other people’s conversations around us, they were all very interesting characters. The food came out and it was fantastic, not a bad thing to say the fish had so much flavor. The evening came as a surprise and I’ve been back a couple of times for breakfast as well.

I will admit I never new of an enchanting restaurant living right here in Lee County. Places like this usually are in cities like Tampa or St. Augustine. Brew Babies is highly recommended, but please remember it is family owned, so please be patient and check the times they are open.

2 comments:

Marguerita said...

Great find. Brew Babies the name makes me want to check it out.

R.C. Price said...

I love the neame of the restaurant but I have to wonder, as you never siad, how does their food tastse?